Description: Purpose & Mission Statements:
Psi Chi is an international honor society whose purpose shall be to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.
The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
Subends for accomplishing above mission:
1. Advance science and the profession of psychology
2. Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission
3. Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders
4. Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission
5. Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology